Start telling the stories that only you can tell, because there’ll always be better writers than you and there’ll always be smarter writers than you. There will always be people who are much better at doing this or doing that — but you are the only you.
Sunday, November 29, 2015
For the Newbie: #Writing101 by Dana Picazo
With a consent from Nuffnang.com.ph itself ( a smileful thank you Ms. Dana Picazo ) , I am reposting / republishing this very helpful and wonderful post about Blog Writing 101.
It is especially formulated for the Newbie : )
I am reposting / republishing this article in full including the pictures and links : )
Once again thank you very much to Ms. Dana Picazo of Nuffnang.com.ph
Read on :
Because your pen (or should I say keyboard?) does most of the blogging work, here are a few writing tips for you.
1. Write about what you love. Ultimately, to blog is to share anything that you’re passionate about. These are things, people, ideas, activities, and hobbies that matter to you. These will help you create unique stories and quality content that your readers will enjoy.
Travel, put a check mark on all the destinations in your bucket list and let others see the little corners of the world through your words.
Camie‘s much awaited trip has begun!
Dine, eat and make your readers drool over your all-time favorite comfort food.
That’s the look you give to a seriously appetizing dish. Right, Richie?
Dress up, mix and match and let girls be inspired by your appealing everyday style.
We’re diggin’ this simple yet classy look from Arisse.
2. Proofread and spell check. Take time to review and polish your drafts. Because believe me, zero spelling errors will make a whole lot of difference. Also, for a pair of fresh eyes, you can have your BFF proofread for you.
3. Use photos. Given the convenience of cameras today, photos in blogs have become a necessity. NO PHOTOS = DID NOT HAPPEN, right? Having striking photos to go along with your words will make readers remember your content. You can also try creating your own illustrations or videos to step up your game.
David at Adventure Cove Waterpark in Singapore
4. Keep writing. Update your blog whenever you can. It’s the only way you can get comfortable in writing and sharing your own experiences.
5. Read other blogs. Surveying the blogging community will make you aware of various blogging trends. Check out what others are writing about and take inspiration from them.
6. Explore the outside world. Don’t be too caught up with being online that you forget to actually live. Remember, your meaningful experiences happen IRL.
7. Be yourself. Your blog is yours, so don’t be afraid to fully express yourself. With that, I leave you with this quote from the brilliant creator of stories, Neil Gaiman.
daily BITES of Edgar Portalan