1.This contest is open to:
- Inquirer Libre readers
- Facebook fans of Inquirer Libre and Genting-Star Tourism Academy.
- Male or Female
- Must be a Filipino citizen
- At least high school graduate
- 18 years old and above
- At least 5'2 in height and proportionate to weight
- With pleasing personality
3.Duration: June 9-June 23, 2014
4.There are two ways to join:
A. Register during Inquirer Libre and Genting-Star Tourism Academy's activation on June 9, 2014, 7:00-2:00 p.m. in LRT Edsa station.
- Participants must provide the required information in the registration form: Name/age/gender/address/contact details/company name or school
- Present a valid company or school ID
- Participants should allow Inquirer Libre/GSTA team to take a photo of them (with name tag)
B. Register through Facebook from June 9-23, 2014.
- Like the FB pages of Inquirer Libre (www.facebook.com/Inquirerlibre) and GSTA (www.facebook.com/gentingstaracademy)
- Submit the following via PM in Libre's Facebook:
-Scanned/digital copy of valid company or school ID withpicture
- Like and share the “Libre Scholar” ad in FB.
5.Registration to this contest is only once. Participant who sends multiple registration forms or Facebook PMs will be disqualified.
6.All information provided will be kept confidential and will be used solely for this contest.
7.Inquirer Libre will randomly choose 100 winners to attend the following for free:
- Weekend immersion tour in Genting-Star Tourism Academy on June 28, 2014
- Short talk about “Careers onboard Luxury Cruise Ships” on June 28, 2014
8.All winners will also have free snacks, gift packs and certificate of attendance during the weekend immersion tour at Star Cruises Centre 100 Andrews Avenue, Newport City, Pasay, Metro Manila. All unclaimed prizes after the said date shall be forfeited.
9. Winners will be notified through Facebook announcement/PM/SMS orphone call.
10.From 100 winners, ten (10) finalists will be randomly selected forthe scholarship grant. Five (5) will be selected in the morning and five (5) in the afternoon. Finalists drawn must be physically presentin GSTA on June 28, 2014.
11.All of the finalists will be requested to write a short essay explaining WHY HE/SHE WANTS TO BE A GSTA SCHOLAR.
12.Mandatories for the essay:
- Shall be written inside the designated area of GSTA and must be submitted before the start of the immersion tour on June 28, 2014.
- Maximum of 200 words only
- Language: Filipino, English or Taglish
- Allotted writing time: 30 minutes
13.Criteria for judging:
- Relevance to the topic – 30%
- Originality – 35 %
- Style and creativity – 35 %
- Total – 100%
14.Ten (10) finalists shall return in GSTA to attend the panel interview to be facilitated by GSTA / Inquirer Libre on July 5, 2014,9:00-11:00 a.m.
15. Finalist with the winning essay and passes the interview will win a certificate program (Front Office Services, Food & Beverage Services or Accommodation Services) scholarship at Genting-Star Tourism Academy amounting to P50,800. Miscellaneous fees for the entrance exam, medical exam and uniform worth P6,720 shall be shouldered by Inquirer Libre.
16.One scholar will be chosen by GSTA and Inquirer Libre a week after the panel interview and will be announced in Inquirer Libre's print and digital edition and Facebook page. He/she will also be notified through SMS or phone call.
17.GSTA will coordinate with the chosen scholar for his/her entrance and medical exams.
18.Winner will start his/her class in GSTA on August 4, 2014.
19.Prizes are transferable but NOT convertible to cash.
20.All employees of Inquirer Group of Companies, Genting-Star Tourism Academy, Famous City Holdings, Genting Philippines Holdings, Star Cruises Private Limited and their relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity are not eligible to join the contest.